Hey Android lovers.So finally you had decide to start with android.Okay Don’t worry you are at right place for learning android mobile technologies. If you are beginner then you have to start from here otherwise you can search some more interesting things in android form my blog. So are you ready to start….?
What you will learn from this post ?
- What is Android ?
- Who is the founder of Android ?
- Which is the first Android Mobile and when it was launch?
- Something about Android.
- Why & Why not ?
- Which are the minimum requirements to start building android application ?
- Which are the languages should be use in for Android Development?
- How to sell in Android Market ?
- Where to start ?
Ohhh. I think it’s enough to learn in first instance.Now we will go through all one by one.
What is Android ?
- Android is a Linux-based mobile operating system developed and distributed by Google in conjunction with the Open Handset Alliance.Initially developed by Android Inc.
- Android is the world’s most popular mobile platform. With Android you can use all the Google apps you know and love, plus there are more than 600,000 apps and games available on Google Play to keep you entertained, alongside millions of songs and books, and thousands of movies. Android devices are already smart, and will only get smarter, with new features you won’t find on any other platform, letting you focus on what’s important and putting you in control of your mobile experience.
Who is the founder of Android ?
- Android, Inc. was founded in Palo Alto, California in October 2003 by Andy Rubin (co-founder ofDanger), Rich Miner (co-founder of Wildfire Communications, Inc.),Nick Sears (once VP at T-Mobile), and Chris White (headed design and interface development at WebTV).
Which is the first Android Mobile and when it was launch?
- The HTC Dream is an Internet-enabled smartphone with an operating system designed byGoogle and hardware designed by HTC. It was the first phone on the market to use the Androidmobile device platform launch in U.S @ 22-october 2008.
Something about Android.
- The Open Handset Alliance (OHA) is a consortium of 84 firms to develop open standards formobile devices. Member firms include Google, HTC, Sony, Dell, Intel, Motorola, Qualcomm,Texas Instruments, Samsung Electronics, LG Electronics, T-Mobile, Sprint Nextel, Nvidia, andWind River Systems.
- The OHA was established on 6 November 2007, led by Google with 34 members including mobile handset makers, application developers, some mobile carriers and chip makers. Android, the flagship software of the alliance, is based on an open source license and competes against mobile platforms from Apple, Microsoft, Nokia (Symbian), HP (formerly Palm), and Samsung Electronics (bada).
Why & Why not ? Advantage :
- Multitasking – Yups, Android phones can run many applications, it means you canbrowse, Facebook while listened to the song.
- Ease of Notification – Any SMS, Email, or even the latest articles from an RSS Reader, there will always be a notification on the Home Screen Android phone, do not miss the LED indicator is blinking, so you will not miss a single SMS, Email or even Misscall .
- Easy access to thousands of applications via the Google Android Android App Market – When you love to install applications or games, through Google’s Android App Market, Agan can download applications for free. There are many thousands of applications and games that are ready for download on Android phones You.
- Phone options are diverse – Talk Android phone, it will feel ‘different’ than the IOS, if the IOS is limited to the iPhone from Apple, then Android is available on mobile phones from various manufacturers, from Sony Ericsson, Motorola, HTC to Samsung. And eachhandset manufacturer also presents an Android phone in the style of each, such as Motorola with its Motoblur, Sony Ericsson with its Timescape. So You can freely choose the Android phone in accordance with the ‘brand’ favorite.
- Can install a modified ROM – not satisfied with the standard view of Android, do not worry there are many custom ROM that can be used in your mobile phones Android .
- Widget – absolutely right, with the widgets on the homescreen, You can easily access a variety of settings quickly and easily.
- Google Maniac – If you are a loyal user of Google services ranging from Gmail to Google Reader Android phone has integrated with Google services, so you can quickly check e-mail from Gmail.
- Continuous Internet connection – Yups, most Android phones require a simultaneous Internet connection alias continuously active. that means must be prepared to subscribe Agan GPRS packet that suits your needs.
- Advertising – Application in the Android phones can indeed be obtained easily and for free, but the consequences in each of these applications, will always be ads on display, either the top or bottom of the application.
Which are the minimum requirements to start building android application ?
- Now,this is depending on the android emulators which will be load on your system. if your system contains p4 , 1 GB RAM , 3.0 GHZ then it will run smoothly 1.3 version of android. Now as per your application requirement you can update your hardware .
- like in slandered way most of application are build on 2.2 os as minimum operating system. so it will require 2 GB RAM, and Dual Core Processor. so , again i would say that its depend you for minimum application requirement
Which are the languages should be use in for Android Development?
- Native Code : JAVA
- Designing : XML
- Temporary Storage : Shared Preference.
- Internal Storage Database : SQLite
- External Storage : Anything (Web service , Reading form Files, Etc.)
How to sell in Android Market ?
- This is the stage where you people can earn from your android application. for that you have to just build android application and Register into android market. This service is provide by Google. so,you have to pay $25 as Registration Fees and after that you have to pay 30% of application price for each download.
- Example: i had build one android application and want to sell into android market with price of Rs.500 . so i have to pay $25 (Only once When you Register.) and Rs.150 (30% of application) for each download.
Where to start ?